- Christmas was awesome. Mom and I made cheese-biscuits and enjoyed the morning together. Then we went to a late lunch at my aunt's house with the family. Then I spent the evening with the boyfriend and his family.
- Christmas continued into the 26th when we celebrated with Mom's boyfriend Steve and his family. His step-granddaughter Bella, who is 5 (or 6 or 7. I can't remember.) saw a picture of me in my first 10K. She asked, "Did you win?" I said, "No" and explained that somebody from Africa probably won.
- I did not run on Christmas day as I had planned. Whoops. I did walk the dog with Mom.
- I got a myriad of lovely presents including a yogurt maker from the boyfriend and the Miss Dior Chérie perfume from my mommy. I smell so pretty, and once I start eating homemade yogurt, my insides will look so pretty too. (Actually, they're still going to look like yucky insides.)
- I've been running for the past three days, and I've also tried out my new Garmin Forerunner 405. It is awesome, if not a little scary, to have such an advanced piece of instrumentation strapped to my wrist as I huff and puff down the streets. I'm pleased to report (with accuracy to 34 feet) that I have run sub-10:00 miles the past two days. Hurrah!
- The weather has been in the 60's the last two days. (Is that you, global warming?) Given these unseasonably high temperatures, I've been able to try out my new running skirt, which makes me feel so pretty. Now, I just need to get fast so I can zoom by people in it!
- We hung out with my high school/college friends Tina and her boyfriend Ben last night. Our friend Steggy (Actually, his name is Andrew.) came along too. We watched The House Bunny, which was stupidly hilarious. "The eyes are the nipples of the face!"
- Last night, some shithead kid in the boyfriend's subdivision egged my car while I was driving past. In lieu of getting out and pounding his sorry ass into the pavement, I called the police and then fumed about the evils of entitled children. Kid, in the off chance you read this, if I see you in Salisbury, I will spew out such vile verbal abuse in your direction that your pathetic, pre-teen ears are going to bleed and fall off. Also, the boyfriend is going to sit on your face and hopefully fart on it until the police arrive and serve you a steaming plate of justice.
- Because I ran moderately fast (for me) yesterday, I only did a six-mile "long" run this morning. Oh well. The training program called for five or six miles this week, so at least I'm not behind schedule, right?
- The boyfriend, his mom, my mom, and my step-mom all went to visit a local Havana Silk Dog breeder to see if they're the breed for us. It was really fun to see eight adorable and hairy little dogs vying for our attention and lap space. That said, I might hold off on a dog until I make good and sure that I can be the most responsible and deserving owner possible.
- The boyfriend and I finally got around to registering for the Illinois Half-Marathon. We're committed now, baby!
- We also watched the first three episodes of Lost: Season 4. Every year, we buy the past season on DVD and watch from start to finish. I really don't think the show would hold my attention otherwise, but it's a great way to spend winter break.
I think that about catches things up in regards to my recent activity. Except for one minor issue: I cannot stop my bad habit of compulsively snacking (and over-eating). I can tell that I putting on weight, which I worked quite hard to take off this past semester. Obviously, this is a diet-related problem since I am maintaining my usual mileage of about 25 miles per week. I need to concentrate on getting my snacking under control and eating smaller portions. Do you have tips for healthy eating and managing portion sizes or for weight loss/management in general? If so, I'd love to hear them. I am in need of help like whoa!
Alright, that sounded slightly desperate, so I will take that as a sign that it is time for bed. Have a great night, all!